• As an organic farmer or organic processor I do NOT want to be further taxed with an Organic Check-Off Program.
• I do NOT support a federally mandated Organic Check-Off program
• I do not want my pay check cut either directly from paying into an Organic Check-Off or indirectly because my customer/buyer has to pay into one.
• I do not want to be forced to pay into a federally mandated check-off program.
• I want to have the freedom to decide how I spend my hard earned dollars.
• I oppose an organic check-off because I do not trust the USDA Federal Research and Promotion Programs due to problems in oversight and because money is spent on programs that do not benefit on-farm research or improving my bottom line. In fact, the history of Federal Research and Promotion Programs shows that they have actually worked to reduce farmers’ profitability.
• Check-off funds are used to pay for marketing campaigns such as the “Got Milk?” and “Pork, The Other White Meat” or "The Incredible Edible Egg." This advertising primarily benefits processors, marketers and retailers, not the farmers—but we farmers are stuck paying the bills!
• The Organic Trade Association does not represent me on this issue.
• I DO want farmers to be able to continue to be exempt from paying into conventional programs and I DO want that exemption to be extended to all operations that are organically certified.